Canon PIXMA MX490 Fax Setup Printer IJ Setup and Driver Download
Canon MX 490 Wireless Setup, Printer ijsetup and Fax Manual Installations Scanner Software For Windows, Mac - The Canon Pixma MX490 is an all-in-one inkjet printer with scan and copy functions, an automatic document feeder, built-in faxing, and WiFi networking. It works with Windows, Mac OS. The multi-color ink cartridge must be replaced when a single color runs out. It can accept paper up to 83 basis weight, much heavier than what's typical. There's an automatic document feeder to let you copy or scan a stack of pages in one operation. The printer has a medium-size 2.1-inch display screen. It lacks USB PictBridge for direct printing from cameras. You can connect directly to a PC with a USB cable, or to your network router wirelessly with WiFi. This model has built-in faxing, can store incoming faxes if the paper runs out, and can send faxes from an attached PC.
The Canon Pixma MX490 Fax Setup measures 8.9 inches high by 16.9 inches wide by 20.7 inches deep. Print from more locations than ever with the MX490 thanks to outstanding connectivity options and the ability to place the printer more places than ever with 30% reduction in size over previous MX models. With Google Cloud Print2 ™ and AirPrint1 ™, you can print wirelessly from your compatible smartphone or tablet from virtually anywhere around the office. It?s loaded with timesaving features, as well, including a fully-integrated automatic document feeder which holds up to 20 sheets. Plus, the optional XL ink cartridges mean you can print longer before having to replace your cartridges.
Another great feature of the PIXMA MX490 is My Image Garden7 software. My Image Garden puts all your favorite printing features, such as Special Filters and Full HD Movie Print13, in one convenient software application. It helps you organize your photos with calendar view and facial recognition. The user guide can be installed as a readable file during the installation, and it’s quite large and very detailed. Not included on the install disc is Canon’s Creative Pack Premium. This provides a wide variety of printable crafts and is available online. You also don’t get wired Ethernet, but you can still connect the MFP to a network using Wi-Fi or directly to a PC or Mac via USB, of course. Cloud-based printing using AirPrint, Google Print, and Canon’s own Pixma Print Services are available, as is a scan to the cloud feature if your network has Internet access.
Recommended Driver: Canon PIXMA MG7520 Printer Setup and Driver Download
Both the input and output paper trays are available when the front panel is pulled down. The input tray is located at the bottom of the printer and can hold up to 100 sheets of letter or legal size paper as well as adjust to smaller sizes of paper or photo paper and envelopes. Setup these days is a simple matter of removing packing material, installing ink cartridges and software, and telling the install routine how you want to connect the unit. The MX490 uses only two ink cartridges a black cartridge, and a tri-color cartridge with cyan, magenta, and yellow inks. This approach keeps the manufacturing costs down, but greatly increases the operating costs since when one of the colors in the tri-color cartridge runs out, you need to replace the cartridge even if the other two colors still have available ink.
The output tray is located above the input tray and extends to catch the printed output. Directly above this is a door that is hinged down and opens to expose the print head carrier, where you insert the black and tri-color canon mx490 ink cartridges. Canon was one of the first inkjet printer vendors to offer individual inks, so seeing the return of the tri-color cartridge is disappointing. We also had a tiny bit of trouble getting the cartridges correctly installed. They have to be inserted at an angle then clicked upwards into position. This took us several tries before we got it right. After that, the software installation went quick and easy. The install menu gives you a choice of which utilities you want installed, including Canon’s Quick Menu and My Image Garden. Canon also offers a second creative/crafts utility.
Canon MX490 Ink Cartridges:
- PG-245 XL Black Ink Cartridge
- PG245 Black Ink Cartridge
- CL-246 XL Color ink Cartridge
- CL-246 Color Ink Cartridge
Canon MX490 OS Compatibility:
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X v10.6.8- v10.9, Mac OS 10.12(Sierra) or later
- Mobile Operating Systems: iOS, Android, Windows RT16
Canon PIXMA MX490 Review Specs:
- Print Speed (up to): 4 x 6 Borderless Photo: Approx. 70 seconds4,5
- Print Speed (Approx): Black: ESAT: Approx. 8.8 ipm4,5, Color: ESAT: Approx. 4.4 ipm4,5
- Number of Nozzles: Pigment Black:320/ Color 960 / Total:1280
- Picoliter Size (color): 2 and 5
- Print Resolution (Up to): Color:Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi3Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi3.
- Paper Sizes: 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes
- Automatic Sheet Feeder: 100 Sheets, ADF: 20 Sheets
- Paper Compatibility: Plain: Plain Paper, High Resolution Paper; Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum; Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy; Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster; Matte: Matte Photo Paper; Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope.
- Copy Speed (up to): ESAT: Color: 3.6 ipm4.
- Printer Features: AirPrint1, Borderless Printing12, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print13, Special Filters, Google Cloud Print2, My Image Garden7, Photo Printing, PIXMA Printing Solutions11, Quiet Mode, Wireless Printing10.
- Copy Features: Auto Document Feeder (ADF), AE (Auto Exposure) Copy, Borderless, Fit-to-Page, Preset Copy Ratios, Frame Erase Copy, Zoom.
- Fax Features: Answering Machine Connectivity, Caller Rejection, Check RX Fax Info., Fax Reception Reject, Fax Number Re-Entry, Memory Transmission, Redial, Remote Reception.
- Other Features: Full Dot Matrix LCD, Access Point Mode, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Fully Integrated Auto Document Feeder (ADF), Quiet Mode, Canon mx490 Wireless Printing.
Canon PIXMA MX490 Printer Setup for Windows:
- Right after you plug the printer into the laptop, Windows system will automatically recognize the device and install the machine for use.
- Leave your printer turned off. You shouldn’t turn it on before the step where it states otherwise.
- Take the USB cable coming with the package. Find the USB port on your printer and plug in the right end of the USB cable there.
- Insert the other end of the cable into any of the available USB port on your laptop.
- Now you can turn the printer on.
- Locate the ‘Start’ button on your desktop and click on it. The Control Panel should be brought forth. Find ‘Hardware and Sound’ section and click on it. Locate and click on the ‘Devices and Printers’ option. Select ‘Add a Printer’ and go to ‘Local Printer’. Find and select the port where your printer is connected to the computer.
- Select ‘Canon’ shown in the window that pops up and choose the specific printer type. Follow by clicking ‘Next’.
- Assign a name for the printer. Click ‘Next’.
- Determine if you want to share the printer, click ‘Next’.
- Determine if you want the printer to be default printer, click ‘Finish’.
- Enjoy printing.
Canon PIXMA MX490 Printer Setup for Mac:
Your printer should be switched off. Disconnect the cable if it is currently connected to your Mac and turn it off. Also, although many Canon printers are manufactured ready for use with Mac OS-device, you must first download a special driver to connect them to your device. Although there are many sites out there that offer drivers to download, try to get out of this Canon Pixma.
- Locate the ‘Support and Drivers’ section on the website. Normally it’s on the top right corner.
- Find and click ‘Consumer & Home Office’ option on the list of Product Type.
- Select ‘Printers’ off the list of Product Family.
- Select ‘Drivers & Software’ next to the kind of printer that you have.
- Locate a drop-down menu; select the version Mac OS X that you use.
- Download the driver.
- Double-click the file you’ve just downloaded and double-click again on the file that is shown on the new window.
- Select ‘Continue’ twice. Select ‘Install’ to add the printer on your Mac.
- Connect the printer with your Mac using a USB cable. You can now turn the printer on and be ready to print.
Canon PIXMA MX490 Wireless Setup:
- Make sure that your printer has been removed of its protective materials. Lift the lid of the scanning unit and open the paper output tray. Free cartridge holder from its protective materials and close the scanner cover.
- Plug in the power cord to correct port. Insert the other end of the cord into wall power outlet.
- Turn the printer on. Select language using operation panel. Press OK button.
- Turn the printer back off. Lift scanner lid. Insert cartridge holder. Close the scanner lid.
- Turn the printer back on. Press the setup button. Through operation panel, select wireless LAN setup. Press OK.
- Choose easy setup. Press OK. Choose access point. Press OK.
- Input WEP-key. Press OK.
- Insert printer’s setup CD into computer’s CD drive.
- Run the program and determine your country. Select Next.
- Select Easy Install. Click Install.
- Choose ‘Use the printer on network’. Click Next
- Wait for a while. On the Printer Detection window, click Next.
- Find your printer on the list of detected printers. Click Next.
- Wait for completion. Click Complete.
- Printer Application Menu should appear on the screen once setup is finished completely.
Canon MX490 Fax Setup:
Sending a Fax from Device
- Press the “Fax” button on the Pixma mx490.
- Load the documents you would like to fax into the auto -document feeder or the glass platen.
- Use the dial-pad to dial the phone number you are sending the fax to.
- Press the “Color” button for color transmission, or the “Black” button for black and white transmission. The fax will start to send at this point.
- Sending a Fax from Computer
- Ensure the printer fax drivers are installed and the printer is turned on.
- Open the document you wish to fax, then choose “File” > “Print“. The location of the print menu may differ depending on the application you are using.
- When the print dialog appears, select the “Canon MX490 series FAX” option, then choose “Print“.
- Select “Display Address Book…” to choose a saved recipient, or Enter the recipient information in the “Direct Entry” area.
- Select the “Send Now” button, ad the fax will be transmitted.
Receiving a Canon mx490 Fax
- Ensure the device is powered on and that paper is loaded in the print tray.
- Press the “Fax” button on the unit to bring up the standby screen.
- Press the center “Function” button.
- Use the arrow buttons to select the receive mode, then press the “OK” button.
- How to Setup Wireless Printer Canon MX490:
- Press the Menu button, then use the or button to select Settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Device Settings, then press the OK button.
- Select LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Change wireless / wired, then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN active, then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select WPS configuration, then press the OK button.
- Select Push button method then presses the OK button.
- Press the OK button.
- When the access point is ready, press the OK button on the machine, then press the WPS button on the access point within two minutes.
Canon Canon Pixma MX 490 Driver Download:
Canon Pixma MX 490 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows/Vista/XP)
|Canon Pixma MX 490 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02 (Windows/Vista/XP)|
|Canon Pixma MX 490 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.70 (Windows)|
|Canon Pixma MX 490 My Printer Ver.3.3.0 (Windows)|
Canon Pixma MX 490 My Image Garden Software Ver.3.5.1 (Windows)
|Canon Pixma MX 490 series Full Driver & Software Package (Mac)|
|Canon Pixma MX 490 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 22.214.171.124 (Mac)|
|Canon Pixma MX 490 ICA Driver Ver.4.1.3 (Mac)|
|Canon Pixma MX 490 IJ Scan Utility Ver.2.3.4 (Mac)|
|Canon Pixma MX 490 IJ Network Tool Ver.4.7.0 (Mac)|
|Canon Pixma MX 490 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.00 (Linux)|
|Canon Pixma MX 490 series ScanGear MP Ver. 2.10 (Linux)|
Canon MX490 Changing Printer Setting to Use Wireless LAN:
- Make sure printer is turned on.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button and release it when the Wi-Fi lamp flashes.
- Press the Black button.
- Press the Wi-Fi button repeatedly until the Network lamp lights.
- Press the Color button or the Black button to finalize the selection.